DTD Episode 54 Show Notes
Do You Hate Meetings?
5 Strategies to Create Meetings You’ll Love
Common Meeting Frustrations
- Meetings Starting and Ending Late
- People Not Attending or Not Prepared
- Feeling Like You are Wasting Time
- Unclear Objective ~ Why Am I Here?
- Including Unnecessary People in the Meeting
- Dealing with Power Struggles and Undefined Roles
- Texting/Emailing During Meetings!
- Sidebar Conversations
- No Follow Through / No Progress
Want to create even more pain around meetings? Do the Time is Money Activity
Calculate: Average salary x # people in meeting x length of meeting = SCAREY!
#1 Know the Purpose of the Meeting & What Participants Must Play
Clarify Type of Meeting
- Information Giving
- Information Exchanging
- Information Creating
- The Meeting Must have at Least 1 Goal
- A Real Goal
- A Meeting Must Add Value
- Real Value
- A Series of Meetings Must Create Progress
- Real Progress
Before you even book the meeting ask yourself – do we really need it? Is there another way to accomplish what must be done?
Does it Really Require a Meeting?
- Is there Another Way to Communicate?
- Shared Documents
- Network, Google Docs, DropBox
- Shared Documents
- Web Conference/Conference Call
- Save Travel
#2 Make Sure All Key Players are Available
#3 Create an Actionable Agenda and Stick to it!
- Utilize Action Words
- Decide, Discuss, Review, Select, Finish, Learn,
#4 Communicate the Purpose Ahead of Time
- Post and Send out Agenda
- Circulate Supporting Information
- Make Room Arrangements
- Arrange for Time Keeper & Recorder
#5 Follow Some Simple Meeting Rules
- Start and End on Time
- Focus on The Objectives
- Stick to the Agenda
- Create Forward Momentum
- Assign Tasks and Document where Activities Must Happen After the Meeting
- No Electronics
- Be Respectful
- Actively Participate
- Don’t Interrupt Others
- No Sidebars, Politicking, After Meeting Conversations
- Don’t Take Things Personally
- FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR COMMITMENTS! – Make sure someone is documenting –
Need a comprehensive program to help you defeat drama in your organization?
Join the Defeat the Drama, Delight Your Customers and Improve Your Bottom Line Boot Camp
A Surefire 7 Step System to Get your Team Doing what you Need, Loving what they Do & Directing Focus where it Should Be
1. Gain Clarity about what you sell, how it should feel and why do you do what you do?
2. Generate Actions Aligned with Business Objectives
3. Empower Your Team to take Targeted Action with Tenacity
4. Identify and Remove Barriers to Team Productivity
5. Drive Focused Employee Correction Conversations
6. Hire Well
7. Establish Harmony and Productivity
Kirsten will personally walk you through the required transformation step by step via video. Each module is available 24/7 and includes an Action Guide to walk you through implementation. You will also have access to exclusive office hours with Kirsten.
Click the link below to get your discount exclusively for Podcast listeners: http://www.defeatthedrama.com/podcastdiscount
Submit your Drama Question at the below link…