DTD Episode 87 Show Notes
I’ll Be Happy When
This episode is sponsored by Pillar Social Media. They create, manage and grow brands on the social web. They’ve done some great work for me! Check them out at PillarSocialMedia.com
Too many of us spend our lives saying, “I’ll be happy when…..”
Fill in the blank:
- I get in shape,
- My kids get a little older
- I find a husband
- My business is bigger
- I have more time
- I lose weight
- I have a bigger house
- I take my dream vacation
- My family stops being so dysfunctional
- My employees listen better
I have a teen son who spends every season wishing for the next season to hurry up and get here. I worry that he’ll never take the time to enjoy the moment, feel gratitude for what had him excited for the winter, summer, spring or fall to get here.
And it’s not just happiness that eludes us. You could fill in the blanks with other similar statements. I couldn’t add them all in the title. It would be WAY too long!
- I’ll feel successful when
- I’ll be complete when
- I’ll feel good about myself when
- I’ll be fulfilled when
- I’ll celebrate when
- I’ll focus on me when
- I’ll have life balance when
- I’ll vacation when
- I’ll get that education when
What is that elusive positive emotion you are waiting to experience? What can you focus on to get there in this moment?
If you’ve been saying I will feel happy when…..what can make you happy now? What have you achieved that should help you feel successful today? Listen to my gratitude episode. Shift your focus in a moment to what can make you feel fulfilled, successful and happy. Feel content and positive where you are and then set your sights on the next adventure:
Episode #60 – You Can Choose Gratitude Everyday
Are there at least some small steps you could start making right now?
Need a comprehensive program to help you defeat drama in your organization?
Join the Defeat the Drama, Delight Your Customers and Improve Your Bottom Line Boot Camp
You Will Learn To:
- Gain Clarityabout what you sell, how it should feel and why do you do what you do?
2. Generate Actions Aligned with Business Objectives
3. Empower Your Team to take Targeted Actionwith Tenacity
4. Identify and Remove Barriers to Team Productivity
5. Drive Focused Employee Correction Conversations
6. Hire Well
7. Establish Harmony and Productivity
Kirsten will personally walk you through the required transformation step by step via video. Each module is available 24/7 and includes an Action Guide to walk you through implementation. You will also have access to exclusive office hours with Kirsten.
Click to get your discount exclusively for Podcast listeners: http://www.defeatthedrama.com/podcastdiscount